As more consumers go online for their shopping needs, Australian brands are spending more money than ever before on digital advertising to capitalise on the opportunity to increase their online sales.
However, the majority of those consumers are mobile users which have traditionally always been a little more difficult for companies to target.
For those companies struggling to find an efficient solution to this problem, programmatic advertising may just be the best strategy to implement in your online marketing campaign with Alinga Web Design.
Never heard of programmatic advertising? No worries, you will soon. In fact, a recent report by TubeMogul, a leading online video promotion service, showed that Australia is one of the leading countries in mobile programmatic growth.
Read on to get up to speed on programmatic advertising with our Alinga Web Design team.
What is programmatic advertising?
Traditional advertising has always relied on people negotiating and manually entering orders to buy or sell digital ads. The process, of course, was highly expensive and inefficient. With programmatic advertising, however, the buying and selling process is automated and happens in real-time.
Some of the benefits of programmatic advertising:
- More efficient targeting: Advertisers are now able to narrow down their ad placements to provide more relevant content for a specific target group anywhere in the world.
- Flexible and scalable: Advertisers are able to scale their business by spreading their inventory across multiple publishers. This enables them to be more flexible in being able to meet the demands of their clients.
- Gain valuable customer insights: Understanding data on customer behaviour allows advertisers to glean valuable data. The automated process of programmatic offers a much more efficient way of looking at inventory data and what kinds of consumers shop for those items.
- Increases user acquisition: Advertising through mobile apps allow advertisers to engage more directly with customers due to the positive user experience provided by mobile apps. The ability to interact with advertisers via product demos that can last up to a minute has also been found to help boost sales.
- Most effective form of advertising: Video advertising has been shown to be the most effective way to increase click through rates for advertisers. Buying ads in real time enables advertisers to pin-point their ideal customer which helps brands to provide more relevant content to their customers.
Programmatic advertising will keep gaining in popularity for the foreseeable future. Contact Alinga Web Design for more information on how we can implement programmatic advertising into your online marketing today.