In today’s dynamic landscape, an online E-commerce store has transcended mere websites, evolving into an integral component of digital enterprise transformation with vast growth prospects. The trajectory is clear; projections suggest that by 2020, the US and China will emerge as the dominant B2B e-commerce markets, raking in an impressive revenue of $1.2 billion. From startups to industry stalwarts, enhancing e-commerce to connect with and manage customers more effectively has become increasingly accessible. Thanks to robust CMS systems and advanced SaaS platforms, the technical barriers to establishing an e-commerce store have significantly diminished.
Let’s delve into key B2B statistics that shed light on major challenges:
– 70% of B2B decisions involve the input of two individuals, and nearly 30% of transactions entail the collaboration of more than five parties, underscoring the importance of serving diverse minds.
– On average, B2B researchers conduct 12 Google searches before engaging with a specific brand.
– B2B respondents boast an average order value of $491, surpassing the $147 recorded by consumer-oriented e-commerce executives.
– Mobile devices account for approximately 16% of visits to B2B e-commerce platforms.
– Companies like Alibaba and Amazon, leading B2B e-commerce pioneers, have instilled the expectation of a consistently high-quality customer experience across every channel, fostering customer loyalty.
– A remarkable 91% growth has been witnessed in B2B researchers employing smartphones throughout their purchase journey.
These statistics underscore the surging interest among companies in B2B e-commerce ventures. Entrepreneurs are increasingly drawn to these opportunities. With e-commerce platforms witnessing consistent growth, they now play a pivotal role in driving a company’s sales expansion. Is your company merely showcasing a fraction of your inventory online? Educate your buyers and bolster your sales team by utilizing an e-commerce store. It also serves as a potent marketing avenue to showcase your products and reinforce your sales efforts.
B2B E-commerce Trends:
- Personalization: Companies that showcase a keen understanding of customer needs, offering tailored product suggestions and catering to preferences, are preferred by consumers.
- Fast Deployment Time: Deployment time is paramount for customers evaluating B2B products and services. This aligns with best practices from leading e-commerce platforms.
- Enhanced ROI: Buyers prioritize researching the return on investment prior to any transaction. To stand out, differentiation from competitors is key to attracting buyers.
- Technological Investment: Embracing e-commerce and digital strategies is pivotal for B2B companies to navigate the evolving technological landscape and remain competitive.
- Online Catalogs: The era of printed catalogues is waning. A significant 69% of B2B companies are anticipated to replace printed catalogues with interactive online tools by 2018.
Watch these trends closely and incorporate them in the coming year to maintain a competitive edge.
When it comes to navigating the intricacies of B2B e-commerce, Alinga emerges as the definitive partner. With our expertise as eCommerce specialists, we are poised to empower your journey towards leveraging the potential of Shopify eCommerce. Connect with us to lead the charge in the ever-evolving digital commerce landscape.