A booming business is undoubtedly a matter of enormous excitement and increased serotonin levels, but with power comes responsibility. There is an increase in other back-office operations, and one can find it frustrating to juggle all these works at the same time. The efficiency is also tempered with. This is where ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), a sturdy back-end system, comes in.
What is ERP?
ERP ensures that the influx of orders is not a matter of anxiety and commotion, but of celebration. It is built to automate core business processes. It saves you the trouble of manual stock inventory and other admin tasks. It helps a business become more methodical.
All the data that an ERP system collects is displayed in a dashboard for better overall analysis.
ERP systems create a single database of the entire business. This database is a single and authentic source of data that you can further use to derive specific information.
What are the benefits of a ERP system?
● ERP systems help you stay abreast of the growth of your business. It provides real-time information to help you assess the highs and lows of your business.
● It improves the accuracy of your orders. The processes are carried forward with the help of machines and not humans. Thus, the chances of error are significantly less. This helps meet the expectations of the customers.
● It propagates transparency by providing access to customer information.
● It helps in the betterment of the overall customer services.
● It improves inventory costs.
● By providing better invoicing and payment tools, it helps boost the cash flow.
● It prevents any suspicious software from getting downloaded in the system.
● It provides better data security as the data is divided among multiple servers.
Some ERP Systems Shopify Has Integrated With
SAP Business One
This is an ERP system which helps you get an insight into your business. It gives a better command over the business. SAP B1 gives you access to the data that it carefully collects so that it can be used company-wide. Rather than providing you unending and headache-inducing spreadsheets, it only shows you the particular areas that you need to manage.
Microsoft Dynamics GP
This is a “mid-market business accounting software.” It is the best solution for medium and small-sized businesses. Its modules include:
● Financial Management and Accounting
● HR Management
● Manufacturing and Field Services
● Business Intelligence and Reporting
Termed as #1 Cloud ERP, Netsuite is the world’s first company to deliver top-grade business applications. It offers advanced back-end operations to smoothen the functioning of a business. It helps companies to expand and grab new market opportunities. A Gold Coast-based chocolate manufacturer, Belgian Delights, flourished after the use of Netsuite.
Netsuite’s features include:
● Financial Planning
● Order Management
● Production Management
● Supply Chain Management
● Warehouse and Fulfillment
Why do we need ERP systems?
It is a must to invest in ERP if you have an expanding business. Establishing a business is accompanied by infinite bills. However, ERP is a one-time investment which will help you save your hard-earned money in future. It provides an outstanding ROI (Return on Investment).
There are many departments in a business, and one has to invest in all of them individually. ERP, on the other hand, is an all-in-one solution for multiple tasks, thus, saves a lot of money.
As mentioned above, ERPs help you analyse your business better. Analytics and reporting is a critical factor that determines the destiny of your business. It gives you a bird’s eye view to help you hone the areas that need attention.
Lastly, by escaping from all the tedious tasks through automation, all the team members have ample amount of time to do other essential tasks, this, in turn, increases productivity.
ERP, thus, is the backbone of a strong business and should never be overlooked.