Looking to migrate your Magento store to the Shopify? Great! You are at the right place.Â Your magento store may have enormous facilities, but you will find Shopify more user-friendly and relevant for your store. Migrating your products and customers from current magento store to Shopify store is a high precision task. Here, you will find some steps to be followed for the successful migration of Magento store to Shopify. And see the top features of Shopify Store.
Create A Shopify Store
The first thing you need to do is to create a store in Shopify. The entire process of creating a Shopify account is similar to that of a social media account. It can be completed by following few steps.
Shopify can be used at no cost for 14 days. Once creating an account with the Shopify, you get a fully functional Gold Coast eCommerce that would be ready for launch. Hence, your next step would be to migrate your customers and products from Magento store to the Shopify store.
Install App in Shopify
After creating a Shopify store, you need install Magento Importer in your Shopify App. With the help of this app, you will be able to migrate easily. To install this, you can click on the Apps tab that can be found in the left navigation menu of the Shopify. This will take you to the installed Apps section and as you don’t have any app, you will find it blank and one button œVisit App Store will be found. Click on the button, and you will be taken to the App store of Shopify.
Here, you can search for the Magento Importer and download it for free. With this app, you can import products, customers and categories from the magento store.
Create API role
In order to create API role and user, you may need to login to the Admin section of the Magento store. Follow the below mentioned steps:
- From the Magento Dashboard, go to System>Web Services>Roles
- Click Add New Role
- Under Role Information, click Role name and type in œAdmin or whatever name you prefer
- Save Role
- Under Role Information, click Role Resources
- From the dropdown list, select All
- Save Role
Now to create API user, follow the following steps:
- Click System in the top menu and go to Web Services > Users:
- Click on Add New User
- Fill out the fields with your choice.The Username and API Key which you will set here will be needed back on the Shopify Magento Importer App.
- Save the User
Add Details in Shopify App
- For the Magento store URL, use the address of your Magento store.
- For the Magento API username use the username that you gave while creating API User in Magento
- For the Magento API key, use the API key that you gave in Magento.
- Click on the Authorize Magento Access button.
- After that you will be prompted to start importing your data from Magento. Click on the Start importing from Magento button to start importing.
- On clicking the button, you will be prompted with a choice to import everything or certain choice if you like.
- Select your choice and click on the OK button on the bottom right corner. And your import process will start.