WooCommerce, the most famous buzzword in both WordPress as well as eCommerce industry. WooCommerce, basically is a free open source plugin for ecommerce and WordPress. It can let you sell your products or services on WordPress website. The main aim of WooCommerce is to make things affordable and accessible for the customer whether it is a digital product or a physical product. With the help of WooCommerce plugin, you can manage inventory and shipping, accept payments securely, and automatically sort taxes.
In this continuously growing world of online shopping, WooCommerce can be the best selling options for the online store owners. It has been most popular and the most wonderful plugin downloaded since the launch of ecommerce industry. Moving towards stats, WooCommerce powers 37% of the online stores.
To begin with this brilliant plugin, you only require three things.
- A WooCommerce Powered Website
- The WooCommerce Plugin
- A WooCommerce compatible WordPress Theme
For setting up with WordPress, it only requires an easy step. Once installed, your website requires a host, (a company that provides storage for your website) and a domain name. And post setting up the WordPress on your website and logging in, your website will be ready to install WooCommerce. Â
When your WordPress is setup, setting up the website with WooCommerce is no difficult task anymore. It can be installed directly from WordPress similar to any other plugin. Post installation, this will take you to the onboarding guide and then you need to fill up the required details. After finishing up with the data filling, you will be taken to WordPress Dashboard. And then later on, the products will be added and payments will be given to your products. You can find various setting options and extra menus on your site after the installation of the WooCommerce plugin, but as the basic ones would be done, further settings can be done later on.
Now, the next step would be the most important thing of the installation process as it would be the thing your customers would see and the entire purchase would depend on the same. The most important thing that is required is the WordPress theme that supports unique features of WooCommerce. Features like product display pages, â€˜storefrontsâ€™ showing off all your products and the checkout process.
Now, you will already be having the basic settings done in the WooCommerce plugin setup. Here, I’ll show some of the extra setups required to get your store running.
- The first thing towards order to setup your store for running would be adding some products. All the things or services you want to sell are the products and you need to add them on the frontend of your store.
- As it is a sales process, you need to take payment from the customers. And for the same, you need to integrate certain payment gateways on your WooCommerce store. It comes with two built in payment gateways .i.e. PayPal and Simplify Commerce. Both these will let you to accept the credit cards and will secure the credit card details.
- It is an entirely out of the box technology, but it has some tweaky & complex requirements. So, in order to fulfill those requirements, you need to add some paid add ons. Though they are not necessary, but these can make things easier functionalities made simple.
So, here your WooCommerce store is ready to sell your products online. Contact Alinga today! To integrate your website with WooCommerce Plugin.