In the past, if your website had great content, youï¿½d likely see high search engine positions and some positive conversion rates
But with Google constantly changing their algorithms, see Penguin updates as examples, itï¿½s even more important to ensure that your website is packed with quality on-page content as well as being regularly updated.
Itï¿½s about getting a good mix of quality and quantity across different mediums, such as text, video, images and audio. Implementation of social features such as social media share buttons is also a great way to increase visitors to your site.
Content Strategy – What is it?
A good content strategy includes a number of different variables, and these include:
- Website content – what you have on each page of your website
- Blog content – what youï¿½re providing to people that land on your site – what does it say about your company, are you providing quality content that matters to readers?
- eCommerce sites – making sure you have quality product descriptions, reviews written about your products and the option of implementing videos where they make sense (think walk through of how a product works etc)
- Social media share buttons – to increase social proofing of your website
Basically, a content strategy is determining what goes on your website, how it will be delivered and in what medium.
To be successful online, you need to have great, quality content and a good web design. There are plenty of arguments around ï¿½content is kingï¿½ vs ï¿½design is kingï¿½ but a good mixture of both is one of the keys to being successful online.
Developing a Powerful Content Strategy
So, how do you develop a solid content strategy? You simply sit down and figure out a few things, such as:
- Who your target audience is
- What your brand/tone of voice will be
- What mediums you want to use (mix of text, images and video works well)
- Deciding on how often youï¿½ll update/post the content
- Who will write the content
Once you have the answer to those questions, you can develop a posting plan. This will determine how often youï¿½ll post content and who will write the content. The plan should cover both your blog and social media channels and any updates you plan to make to your site on an ongoing basis.
One of the hardest parts about executing a content strategy is coming up with the content and actually finding the time to write it. If you canï¿½t write the content, youï¿½re content strategy will fall apart.
Your content should be set up to sell, but in a way that makes sense to your audience and doesnï¿½t turn them away from your site. All your online real estate should be promoting the same message and tone of voice, so make sure that your content strategy clearly identifies this from the outset
By creating a powerful content strategy, and executing it regularly, youï¿½ll begin to see great results in terms of an increase in traffic, improvement in conversion rates and ultimately better sales.
If you donï¿½t have the time to write your content or create regular blog posts, let the team at Alinga help you with your needs. Our experienced writers will craft engaging blog posts and converting website content that will help boost your search engine rankings immediately.