As a Magento eCommerce business owner, one of your main priorities is to provide a positive shopping experience for your customers. However, once itï¿½s time to ship the purchased item to your customer, it’s up to your shipping provider to provide a good service. Should things go awry, thereï¿½s very little that even your professional Alinga Gold Coast website design can do to get those customers back.
Shipping is an often overlooked aspect of running a successful Magento eCommerce business. Yet, not knowing how to look for a reliable shipper who wonï¿½t charge excessive fees, can potentially hold your business back.
Hereï¿½s a quick checklist of what you should consider before hiring a shipping provider:
- Keep an eye on shipping and handling fees: Excessive shipping and handling fees contribute to shopping cart abandonment and can cut into your profits. Our team at Alinga Web Design can provide consultations on testing and the statistics of your products to find out the best option for your business.
- International and domestic shipping: Your business may be located in the Gold Coast or Brisbane areas, but being a Magento eCommerce store owner means your products can also be offered to customers outside of Australia as well.Even if the bulk of your sales are done locally, it’s a good idea to work with a shipper who can ship internationally and who has relationships with local shippers in various countries.
- Reliable and quick shipping: Meeting a customerï¿½s expectation for when they should receive their purchased goods is crucial for the success of your eCommerce business. Find out how much time your shipper needs to process and ship each request, especially if the products you sell are perishable.
- Insurance options: Customers trust eCommerce businesses that offer shipping insurance, especially if they live in international locations. Not all shipping providers offer insurance, so finding one that does can make your business a little more credible.
- Efficient return policies: Offering returns are a big part of running a successful eCommerce store. A good shipping provider is able to pick up a returned item from the customerï¿½s location and ship it back to the retailer.
Finding the right shipper for your eCommerce business will give you peace of mind and will help increase sales in your company. For more information on eCommerce shipping contact Alinga Web Design today.