Being one of the most sought-after Gold Coast web design firms requires being aware of the latest advances in technology and web design and how they can enhance the businesses of our clients.
One of the growing trends we see at Alinga Web Design involves the growing use of application programming interfaces, or web APIs, and how their use is being implemented in various business applications.
We feel the trend is poised to continue for the foreseeable future, so read on to find out more about APIs and how Alinga Web Design Gold Coast can use them to enhance your business.
Wait, what are APIs?
Application programming interfaces (APIs) basically outline the set of requirements that enables one application to interact with another. Essentially, it is what lets you copy text from a Word document and paste into Excel. They are two different applications but the API is what enables them to interact with each other.
A Web API, on the other hand, allows developers to offer their applications to customers regardless of the web browser or device being used by them.
Here are some of the ways Web APIs will play an important role in the way businesses will be conducted this year and beyond.
How Web APIs will be implemented in the business word
- The Internet of Things: One of the best examples of the power of APIs is to think about how the Internet of Things (IoT) works. Essentially, the IoT is one big API-enabled platform that will enable data interaction within a multitude of devices and Gold Coast mobile apps.
- Increased cloud integration: As the use of cloud technologies and SaaS applications becomes more main stream, we can expect to see increased usage of APIs that enable proper integration between applications and data.
- Improved access to big data: In addition to enabling the interaction between data and applications, APIs are becoming more efficient in actually analysing the data it helps transmit. This will enable businesses to gleam valuable customer insights about who uses the data and for what purposes.
- APIs will encourage innovation: By offering third party companies access to a specified portion of their data via APIs, businesses actually encourage the creation of something new, innovative and useful without having to worry as much as issues like security and back-end administration are taken care of.
- APIs will boost the demand of micro-services: As APIs reduce the need for enterprise applications for businesses, micro services will be in higher demand as businesses pick and choose what varied types of data and apps they actually need, instead of having to purchase a huge package.
APIs offer many exciting and innovative opportunities for business. Contact Alinga Web Design today to find out more information and how our Gold Coast web design service can help grow your business.