Creating an effective eCommerce website design that customers will enjoy and keep using requires having a good understating of consumer behaviour, site security and architecture.
With Brisbane eCommerce design being so popular with online shoppers, it’s surprising how many Brisbane retail owners continue to make the same basic mistakes that keep them from realising their full sales potential.
As one of the most reputable and trustworthy Brisbane eCommerce developers, our team at Alinga Web Media Design have an in-depth understanding of how to help our clients optimise their eCommerce website design to increase sells and create brand loyalty.
Below are some of the most common mistakes to you want to avoid in your Brisbane and Gold Coast eCommerce website design.
- Having an unprofessional-looking website: Your eCommerce website should be a reflection of your business and should therefore have a professional appearance that promotes your brand and inspires trust. Our team of professional and certified eCommerce developers will make sure your website looks great, credible and secure.
- Difficult to navigate websites: An eCommerce website that has too many non-essential features or confusing architectural structure can really hamper an online shopperï¿½s experience. Having a website design that allows customers to navigate smoothly between pages and with minimal load times, is one of the most important factors that determines how good or bad a customerï¿½s shopping experience is.
- Not having a clearly-defined value proposition: One of the most important factors that determine whether or not customers will bother reading your content is your value proposition. A value proposition helps you layout your competitive advantage to consumers so they can understand why itï¿½s better to buy your products versus a competitorï¿½s.
- Using images with low quality: When people are shopping online for household items such as a bed, they like to use images to figure out how they would look in their own homes. Low quality images can make it difficult for customers to determine if they wish to purchase the item, even if it is in fact a great item to buy. Online shoppers have notoriously short attention spans so make it easy on them to decide on purchases by implementing high-quality images.
- Poor shopping cart technology: Shopping cart abandonment is a huge issue for online retailers. Issues that turn customers away include not being able to (or making it difficult to) add more products to the cart and be able to make changes in quantities or colour, etc. Shopping carts with flexible payment methods that allow customers to add/change items while not having to leave the pages they are on, have been found to work best.
At Alinga Web Media Design we strive to maximise your customerï¿½s online shopping experience so they can keep coming back to your eCommerce website for their online shopping needs. Call us now for more information.