As we say goodbye to another quarter, and head towards the mid-year mark, itï¿½s a good time to reassess your goals and see if you are hitting the mark when it comes to your websiteï¿½s search engine performance.
If your Google analytics reports leave a lot to be desired, itï¿½s time to look at your site and figure out whatï¿½s not working and fix it.
In reality, there are normally just a few, small things to be tweaked to increase your websiteï¿½s rankings across Google and other search engines as well as increase conversions. These are listed below for you to implement immediately.
5 Ways to Optimise for Google
- Ensure that your keyword research is complete, including related keywords. Ensure that your site is optimised for all these keywords without keyword stuffing. The optimal level of keyword density on any given page is having the main keyword appear no more than 4 times with related keywords also mentioned.You can do this through ensuring that the content on each page matches the Meta data (title tag, description and headings) for that page.
- Ensure that you are creating content often. The longer, the better as well. If your site doesnï¿½t have a blog, now would be a good time to implement one.Google and other search engines focus on great content that is written properly, going so far as to rank pages lower that feature bad grammar and spelling errors. Posting to your blog at least once per week will ensure that search engines pick up that you have fresh content, pushing your site further up the ranks.If youï¿½re struggling to come up with content for your blog, look at writing reviews, how-to articles, essays and guides. Mix in some graphics and video content and you will see more engagement from readers and an increase in rankings.
- Ensure that you are using the right keyword phrase in your page titles. This is the phrase for each page you have on your website. Your page title should make sense to the reader while also targeting one of your keywords.To ensure that you meet search engine requirements, ensure that your page title is no longer than 70 characters (this includes spaces) to ensure the full title is displayed in search results. Longer titles will result in a truncated search result.
- Where possible, link your content internally. This means that when youï¿½re writing a blog post, if you mention your product or another service you provide, link to that page in your blog post. Similarly, if you have another blog post that relates to one youï¿½ve already written, make sure that they are also linked.By doing this, you help to improve your siteï¿½s over all SEO and it also makes it easier for your readers to navigate around your site and find even more of your content.
- Ensure that you are signed up for Google authorship. This means that every blog post that you publish that has your name linked to it will also link to your Google+ profile.Google places more emphasis on content that is linked to a Google+ profile, so youï¿½ll find that your sites begin to rank higher. It also shows you have more authority in your business.
By applying these simple suggestions to your site, you can increase your Google ranking quickly. Ensure that other things, like page load speed and mobile readiness, are also working and enabled on your site. Every little bit helps when it comes to increasing search engine ranking, particularly where Google is concerned.